You won’t believe what poor people are doing until you actually get to meet them – aren’t they pathetic – God forbid I ever get my hands ‘dirty’ and ‘put in some work’ to deal with….yuck….them. My parents raised me right and I work hard to get ahead in life – those poor people are lazy, drunks, addicts, losers, bums, criminals, and dirty. They need to resurrect more jails for these people. Keep these ‘poor’ people away from me:
(1) Just robbed a store to put some food on the table for me and my 5 kids
(2) Killed my girl-friend because I hate myself for the addiction that’s killing me
(3) Rotting in a jail cell because Momma never know how to love me and Dad was too authoritarian
(4) Just got a welfare cheque for $200.00 – first time I ever seen this much money
(5) Holding you up in your house so I can sell your sh*t and pretend I am rich too
(6) Blood all over my hands from watching my friend get stabbed to death at a house-party
(7) Hiding under the bed since my mom is getting beat to a bloody pulp by my dad – and they are intoxicated again
(8) Have trouble with social interaction since my mom and dad rarely said a legible word to me – and when they spoke I was being ‘cut down’ or ridiculed
(9) Selling drugs to my neighborhood – I don’t care who dies – I need the money – and I have never had money or responsibility before
(10) Want to kill the police for arresting and beating my brother to the ground – they also threw my momma to the ground and called her all kinds of abusive names
(11) Dropped out of school because nothing they teach me makes any damn sense in the ‘here and now’
(12) Strung out in the basement – no one is around – I know I am dying – but no cared about me anyways
(13) Stealing cars and doing B-N-E’s because I want to make some money and my parents don’t give 2 sh*ts where I am tonight
(14) Had to steal your sh*t because my parents drank all my allowance up – and I don’t care about you when no one cares about me – don’t be stupid
(15) Had to kill that kid for trying to ‘test me’ – I’m violent because I know I can keep myself safe – I ain’t failing where my parents did
(16) Strung up in the basement – I had to live with sexual abuse all my life – rather be hanging than hanging around here anymore
(17) Family has no respect for me in my accomplishments – they think I am trying to be ‘better than them’ – I feel worthless and I wish they were dead
(18) I’m begging in front of 7-11 since I gave up hope- no one cares about me – just give me some cash to drink as you look down on me – your the reason I am doing this you inconsiderate assh*le
(19) Been in jail for 6 months now and each night is lonelier than the last – it’s kill or be killed in here – ‘Don’t let them see you cry’, I know – but it’s hard to live like no one loves you.
(20) Got 3 kids to raise and I’m on my own – no clue where the father is – some days we go without food – my kids get suspended at school for not listening – I have no life but when I can get my hand on a drink or two I am downing it – can’t say whats worse – the stress of these kids lives in my hands – or the fact I am a failure.
(21) Got razorblade marks from shoulder to wrist – been so dulled by my existence – it’s when I cut I actually feel something – that’s so much better than nothing
(22) Life has no meaning – look around – all I see is people living poor – what’s the point of that? – no hope for as far as the eye can see
(23) Been on the street corners for 3 months – I need the money for my kids – I do drugs to forget what it is I am doing – I hate myself and I hate these assh*les that pick me up – but for once I feel like someone does ‘like me’
(24) Never owned a home, a decent car, or had the money to even think of that stuff – even if I had the chance I wouldn’t know where to start – I know jack sh*t about the bank system
(25) I can barely afford to keep my power and energy bills going – welfare isn’t cutting it anymore – most people won’t give me a job – addictions are dragging me down – rch people look down upon me – they are going to get theirs.
This is merely a sample of the inner-city struggles and the issues they have to deal with. I meet these people all the time and have throughout my life – and when I mean poor and broken – well – this is what I mean. It’s a struggle the church had forgotten about. I am resurrecting it.