I have to respond to an e-mail Steve Scott sent to me – about blogging on 8 things people might not know about me – so here it is.
1. I consider myself a First Nations Christian – since I am a First Nations person in Canada who is a Christian. I am Cree and Saulteaux if anyone ever wonders.
2. I am deeply involved in a sruggle with 4 churches right now over the affairs of Residential Schools in Canada (and their history with my people) – Anglican, Catholic, United, and Presbyterian. Mostly arguing points of what ‘justice’ truly means and ‘coming clean’ on affairs of the past.
3. I have 2 degree’s in my life – a bachelor of theology and bachelor of business-adminstration.
4. I came from a very poor upbringing – lived on a ‘reserve’ in Canada – then as a kid moved to the inner-city – in a city that was just voted for having ‘the worst Canadian neighborhood’ (that’s where I grew up).
5. I am married to a woman that is Greek-Ukranian – and that has worked out very well (no kids yet).
6. I play a lot of fantasy sports on-line – I truly love fantasy football (which starts this Thursday) – I just love being a coach of sorts and the thrill of victory!
7. My favorite food these days is Rice Vermicelli (and whatever kind of meat with it) – it just tastes so awesome – I think it is Vietmanese.
8. I have made friends of many religious and non-religious backgrounds – and truly enjoy the discussion on-line that I have had with them all – they have all helped me to ‘think outside of myself’ and become a more well-rounded person.